Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Your future is in your hands, so what are you going to do?

Answer: I have no idea.

Every time I think about my future I get stressed out and freaked out. I think about how I need to write more articles if I ever want to get an internship or even a job. They want to see how well I can write or think I write. I only have one article to prove that and that's not enough.
The thing is though, I really don't have the motivation to join the newspaper or go out and talk to people to write articles about. The idea freaks me out. I feel like I'm not competent enough to write an article about a band's show even if I'm really into them.
I think this semester is when I need to step up to the plate. If I want to go into journalism, which I am not even sure at this moment, then this is what I need to do. I need to get my name out there.
My roommate's ex boyfriend is really involved in this student produced online news site called Mesh Media.He wants me to do some stories for them. I should take him up on it.
I mean seriously, with how many shows I go to, I might as well write about them.
My fear though, with writing about music, is the harsh judgment from music scenes thinking I don't know what I'm talking about.

I guess it's time for me to not only show 2011 what I've got but also myself.
Here we go, Paige.

No comments:

Post a Comment