Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wow.

The past month and a half has been incredibly different for me and not completely in a bad way. I am finally establishing myself in Richmond and I almost never want to go back home. Home doesn't have the same meaning or feeling as it used to. Richmond is becoming more and more of my home. Meeting someone is from Richmond helps a lot to. My desire to go home is slowly going away. However, I always love seeing my parents so it'll be nice to see them, Kelley, & the baby when I go back for a few days over break.
I feel a lot better about myself and my life, I guess you could say. A lot less dependent on Rusty and our current status is good. We don't talk that often, occasional phone calls or when I see him every so often.
I am starting to/ trying to write more to build up my portfolio for jobs/internships in the future. I wrote a restaurant review for Mesh Media and I am also going to cover The Mountain Goats show in a few weeks with Charlie. Super stoked on that because I'll be legit with a press pass!Hell yeah.
In other news, I am actually going to have a relatively eventful spring break. Sophie, Sara, & I are going to Philly this Friday till Monday. It should be really fun. We'll get to hangout with the Aspiga dudes + LilDan. I've never been to Philly so I can't wait to adventure around in a new place.
Bring it on, 2011 because I am loving this so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment